|De Leon v. Perry|
|Full name||Cleopatra De Leon, et al. v. Rick Perry, et al.|
|Plaintiffs||Cleopatra De Leon and Nicole Dimetman; Victor Holmes and Mark Phariss|
|Defendants||Rick Perry, in his official capacity as Governor of the State of Texas; Greg Abbott, in his official capacity as Texas Attorney General; Gerard Rickhoff, in his official capacity as Bexar County Clerk; and David Lakey, in his official capacity as Commissioner of the Texas Department of State Health Services|
|Court||United States District Court for the Western District of Texas, San Antonio Division|
|Current status||Preliminary injunction ordered, stayed pending appeal|
De Leon v. Perry is a 2013 federal court case challenging the Texas constitutional marriage ban and corresponding statutes. Filed on October 28, 2013, the case was assigned to Judge Orlando Garcia.
In November, the state tried to have De Leon consolidated with two other Texas cases, but the judge in this case as well as the other two each turned down that request.
On February 26, 2014, the federal district court found the state's constitutional and statutory bans on same-sex marriage to be unconstitutional, but stayed enforcement of the ruling pending appeal.
- 2013-10-28: #1: Complaint
- 2013-11-20: #21: Answer by State defendants
- 2013-??-??: [#17 in McNosky]: Motion to Consolidate
- 2013-11-19: #19: Plaintiffs' response
- 2013-11-20: #20: Motion to dismiss by County defendant
- 2013-12-09: #33: Response in opposition by plaintiffs
- 2013-11-22: #24: Motion for preliminary injunction by plaintiffs (incl. motion to exceed page count, proposed order, and exhibits 1-30)
- 2013-11-22: #25: Exhibits 31-58
- 2013-12-23: #40: Response in opposition by State defendants
- 2014-01-03: #42: Motion to file amicus brief in support of State's response by Texas Values
- 2014-01-03: #43: Proposed amicus brief
- 2014-01-06: #44: Order denying motion to file amicus brief
- 2014-02-24: #67: Motion to reconsider motion to file amicus brief by Texas Values
- 2014-02-25: #72: Order denying motion to reconsider
- 2013-12-27: #41: Response in opposition by County defendant
- 2014-01-24: #50: Reply in support by defendants (incl. motion to exceed page count and proposed order)
- 2014-02-26: #73: Order granting and staying preliminary injunction'
- ?: Motion to extend time
- 2013-12-10: #34: Order scheduling oral argument
- 2014-02-12: Oral argument held
- 2014-01-10: #47: Motion to transfer venue by State defendants
- 2014-02-26: District court ruling