|Whitewood v. Corbett|
|Full name||Deb Whitewood, et al. v. Thomas W. Corbett, et al.|
|Plaintiffs||Deb Whitewood and Susan Whitewood; Freida Hurdle and Lynn Hurdle; Edwin Hill and David Palmer; Heather Poehler and Kath Peohler; Fernando Chang-Muy and Len Rieser; Angela Gillem and Gail Lloyd; Helena Miller and Dara Raspberry; Ron Gebhardtsbauer and Greg Wright; Marla Cattermole and Julia Lobur; Maureen Hennessey; and A.W. and K.W., minor children, by and through their parents and next friends, Deb Whitewood and Susan Whitewood|
|Defendants||Thomas W. Corbett, in his official capacity as Governor of Pennsylvania; Michael Wolf, in his official capacity as Secretary of the Pennsylvania Department of Public Health; Kathleen Kane, in her official capacity as Attorney General of Pennsylvania; Mary Jo Poknis, in her official capacity as Register of Wills of Washington County; and Donald Petrille, Jr., in his official capacity as Register of Wills and Clerk of Orphans' Court of Bucks County|
|Court||United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania|
|Current status||Awaiting replies from the defendants due 9/16; status conference 9/30 at 1:30pm|
Whitewood v. Corbett is a 2013 federal court case seeking to have Pennsylvania recognize marriages entered into outside the state, allow marriages to commence within the state, and recognize a widow whose wife died before the commencement of the case.
The case was filed on July 9, 2013, in the United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania. It was assigned to Judge John E. Jones, III.
Replies were originally due by July 30 or August 1, depending on the defendant, but the parties stipulated to an extension whereby replies will be due on September 16. An in-person case management conference has been set for September 30 at 1:30pm.
- 2013-07-09: #1: Complaint
- 2013-09-16: Responses due from all defendants
- 2013-07-29: #9: Stipulation to extend time to answer
- 2013-07-30: #10: Order granting stipulation
- 2013-07-23: #8: Order scheduling case management conference
- 2013-08-05: #12: Order scheduling case management conference for 2013-09-30 at 1:30pm
- 2013-09-17: #21: Letter requesting schedule change
- 2013-09-18: #22: Order rescheduling case management conference for 2013-10-09 at 10:00am
- 2013-09-13: #19: Stipulation by all parties: Defendants will have until September 30 to respond; briefs in support of any motions made must be filed by October 7.
- 2013-09-13: #20: Order accepting stipulation
- 2013-09-23: #23: Disclosures of Defendant Petrille